Saturday, April 26, 2014

UFO Orphan Blocks - Sienna's Quilt

Oops! This has been on the "To Do" list for some time!! and Yes, I forgot to post this post last month, anyway, two month ago I decided to clean out my cache of unfinished projects (UFOs) and leftover orphan blocks. And surprise, surprise, look what I found, these sixteen orphans blocks that were left over from Samantha's quilt which I made for her in 2009.

I used the quilt as you go method on these blocks and joined them together. I thought if I added some side panels and top and bottom border, the orphan blocks could easily be made into a small quilt for Sienna.

The photo below includes the two new side panels.


To complete the top and bottom border I re-arranged and traced the letters to spell "Sweet Dreams Little Sienna" from an old pattern sheet I found in the Australian Patchwork & Quilting magazine Vol 23 No 6 onto the paper side of the fusible webbing... I used a fingers width between each letter for spacing and machine blanket-stitched around each letter.


Ta-da hear is a photo of the finished quilt for Sienna's, she is only 3 years old and has a new baby brother Jake born 11th March 2014 (Jake is our newest grandson).



I didn't want Sienna to feel left out with the arrival of Jake, so I made her this quilt... and she loved it....



Happy quilting until next time.
Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...