Saturday, June 22, 2013

"Affairs of the Heart" blocks 10, 11, & 12 down only 23 block to go

This is my Block no 10,  I will be adding embroidery to all of the block later on but isn't she a beauty now? 
 
This is Block no 11 -  I wish my photo's could capture the true colours of the fabric better. They are very bright and in your face. 


And this is block  no 12 - If you look closely you can see the Embroidery details I have marked with a Clover - White Marking Pen (Fine). I love this pen, the markings disappear when you hit them with a hot iron. I plan to embroidery all the blocks and sew them by hand using stem stitch with a variegated Gutermann Sulky thread colour no 4106.


Thanks for dropping in... happy quilting until next time.

Anne:)

2 comments:

  1. These are going to be pretty with the hand embroidery added. Well, pretty-er! I haven't seen many quilts with this kind of combination of applique and embroidery embellishment, so I am interested to see how it comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are going to be beautiful. I also have this book but haven't started planning myproject from it ...yet... yours makes me feel tempted!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...