Thursday, January 19, 2023

Affairs of the Heart - Finished 2021


Yippee Affairs of the Heart is finally finished. It has been on my UFO list since 2013. The original quilt was designed and made by Aie Rossmann. Aie's original quilt had 36 appliqued blocks composed of hearts and lotus flowers on a back background with a very pretty heart border which I loved.
Started 2013
Finished October 2021
Posted 2023




My quilt is a little different from the original. I hand embroidered 12 of the blocks with a variegated thread and the other 12 blocks were done by needle-turned applique a total of 24 blocks were needed to make this quilt. I kept the original heart border and added another border of black which later I machine quilted the rose designs onto it using the variegated thread I used for the blocks.  I love this quilt the way the bright colours pop against the black background is awesome. 
The final measurement of this quilt was 88" x 88". 
Happy quilting, until next time. 
Anne 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...